Fruitvale Congregational Church (earlier Fruitvale Chapel 1) was a church at 1601 Fruitvale Avenue. The congregation dated back to c.1892 with a Sunday school. The church building was completed in 1911.
The building was designed by Hugo Storch, who designed the very similar Park Congregational Church in Berkeley, completed in 1912.
The building was demolished in 1973, and a building housing the dentist offices for La Clinica de La Raza now stands at the location.
Links and References
- 1903 Husted's Oakland
- Ladies' Guild of the Fruitvale Congregational Church Cookery Publication on Tavistock Books