The Fraternal Hall was a small commercial building with meeting halls on the upper floor at 1156-1160 Washington (1314-1318 Washington after 1912 renumbering). It was built c.1891 next to the Westphal Building.
Numerous organizations used the meeting halls, including the First English Lutheran Church.
Beginning in 1891, the commercial space was home to Jones' Bazar.
From c.1896, the commercial space was home to Schlueter's. In 1911, Schlueter added a story to the building and made other improvements, and occupied the entire building until c.1923. 2,3
Later occupants include The Lorraine Millinery (1924+), The Vogue Women's Apparel (1951-1953) and California Luggage Company (1954+).
The entire area was later demolished and two blocks of Washington removed.