The Fowler Block is a historic building at 1245-1249 International Boulevard, at the corner of International and 13th Avenue. The building was constructed in 1886 by George Flick for George Fowler. Mr. Fowler originally owned the building, operated the corner drugstore on the ground floor, and lived upstairs. 1 At the time the building was constructed, 13th Avenue was the main route from the residential areas in Brooklyn to the waterfront.
In 1896, C. O. Wentworth ran the drugstore.
Links and References
- An Architectural Guidebook to San Francisco and the Bay Area, by Susan Dinkelspiel Cerny
- Illustrated Directory of Oakland 1896 (p.60)