Foremost Dairies [Describe here]
[Bits of information to get this entry started]
- Foremost Dairies was founded in 1931 by J.C. Penney.
- By the early 1950's Foremost Dairies was the fourth largest diary company in the country. [either this is wrong, or the next line is wrong...]
- Foremost Dairies was the third largest dairy company in the world by 1951. With the 1954 acquisition of Golden State Co., Ltd. ...
- Golden State Co., Ltd. purchased the former site of Oakland Brewing and Malting Company, and apparently still owned the site when Golden State was purchased by Foremost.
- Foremost had operations in 23 states across the South and North as well as in Japan, the Philippines, Guam and Hawaii.
- Foremost discontinued the full dairy operation at Fentons%20Creamery in 1961 and moved the business to Piedmont Avenue.
- Foremost ran Fentons Creamery for many years as its marquee business until the company got out of the dairy industry.
- Page from the past: Foremost farms traces its name to J.C. Penney USDA Rural Development
- Guide to the California Dairy Industry History Collection California State Parks Department Archives
- Federal Trade Commission Decisions Complaint in the Matter of Foremost Dairies, Inc.
About Fentons Creamery Fentons Creamery
Foremost Dairies (mooooo!) Old stock certificates
Dairy Farmers Get Settlement of $20 Million : More than 1,000 of the state's milk producers will benefit ... center of the case was Knudsen's buyout of Foremost Dairies los angeles Times (August 1, 1990)
- Foremost Dairies, Oakland and the Dairy Industry by Robert E. Jones (1926)
- American Creamery, Oakland, Ca., 1918, c.1920.(photo)