Elmhurst Branch Library serves the neighborhood with a 16,000 volume collection and variety of programs and services. The collection contains books, movies, magazines, toys, videogames, audiobooks and more, in English and Spanish. Programs for children include art, science, storytimes, and guest performers. Teens have their own room, collection, games and activities. Programs for adults include drop-in job search assistance and computer help, a monthly "Lawyer in the Library," and volunteer opportunities with the Friends of the Elmhurst Library group.
The branch is equipped with eight (8) computers with internet access for public use and free WIFI.
1427 - 88th Avenue, Oakland, California 94621
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 11:30am - 7:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am - 5:30pm
- Thursday: 10:00am - 5:30pm
- Friday: 12:00pm - 5:30pm
- Saturday: 10:00am - 5:30pm
- Sunday: Closed
Events and Activities
- Computer Tutor: Please phone the branch for the current schedule of one-on-one computer help.
- Afterschool Children's Activities Wednesdays, 3:00-4:00 pm. Always something different happening, from art projects to science experiments.
- Preschool Storytime: Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10:30
- Toddler Storytime and Playgroup: Saturdays at 11:30, followed by playtime.
- Friends of the Elmhurst Library litter Walk: Second and fourth Saturdays of each month at 10:15
Summers: free and nutritious meals will be served for children and teens at the branch Tuesday - Friday.
- Spanish/Bilingual books and movies for all ages
- Toy Lending Collection
- Elmhurst Branch Library official website
- Oakland Public Library page on Oakland Wiki
- "Elmhurst Branch closed now through mid-November for remodel," Examiner.com, July 12, 2010