El Rey Burlesk Theater was located at 3520 San Pablo Avenue and managed by Lillian Hunt. El Rey opened as The Plaza Theatre in 1927 and was renamed El Rey in 1937. In 1939 it was renamed World Theatre and closed in 1957.
El Rey stood where 580 now runs over San Pablo.
Links and References
- El Rey on CinemaTreasures.org
- ohrphoto.oaktheaters.014 Oakland History Center, Oakland Public Library