Here are some things to do for Easter, 2015:
Oakland Parks and Rec Easter Egg Hunts:
Celebrate The Season With OPR Spring Egg Hunts Participants will enjoy candy, jelly beans, chocolate eggs and egg hunting fun. Egg hunts will be held on the following dates:
Saturday, March 28
- 11:00 a.m. to Noon, Ira Jinkins Recreation Center, 9175 Edes Avenue, (510) 615-5959
Thursday, April 2
- 11:00 a.m. to Noon FM Smith Recreation Center, 1969 Park Boulevard, (510) 238-7742
Saturday, April 4
- 9:30 to 11:00 a.m. Sheffield Village Recreation Center, 247 Marlow Drive, (510) 638- 7190
- 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Dunsmuir Hellman Historic Estate, 2960 Peralta Oak Court, (510) 615-5555
- 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Manzanita Recreation Center, 2701 22nd Avenue, (510) 535- 5625
- Noon to 2:00 p.m., Carmen Flores Recreation Center at Jose de la Cruz Park, 1837 Fruitvale Avenue, (510) 535-5631
- Noon to 3:00 p.m., Willie Keyes Recreation Center, 3131 Union Street, (510) 597-5042
Sunday, April 5
- 9:00 to 9:30 a.m., Montclair Recreation Center, 6300 Moraga Avenue, (510) 482-7812
- 1:00 to 4:00 p.m., Franklin Recreation Center, 1010 East 15th, (510) 238-7741
Lakeshore Easter Parade & Spring Festival
Saturday, April 4, 10 am -1 pm
The Lakeshore Merchants and Lakeshore Baptist Church have been hosting this wonderful event for nearly three decades. Bring your own hat or make one with the beautiful ornaments provided. Kids can join in the raffle for beautiful baskets, then join the parade up and down the avenue with the Easter Bunny.
Tip: Transportation advocate, John Claasen, usually makes corn dogs, so come early.
Bunny Weekend at Fairyland, Saturday, April 4 - Sunday, April 5
Tap Dancing Bunnies and many more furry creatures are featured this weekend.
Puppet shows and all of the rides should be perfect for our spring weather. The gardens and lake are beautiful in the spring.