East Bay ShareFest is a decentralized open collaboration in support of the SF Bay Area sharing movement. In 2014 with support from the Sharing Cities Network and Center for a New American Dream, the ShareFest was born. It highlighted a collective calendar of events spanning the month of May and brought together 30 sharing projects and organizations in solidarity.
EBSF and the Sharing Cities Network is part of an effort that's connecting people who are building cities based on principles of meeting everyone's needs, collaboration, and sharing resources. It's an effort that's providing people with ideas and tools and helping spread knowledge about what people in different places are working on.
East Bay ShareFest specifically seeks collaboration with organizations and projects related to the sharing economy including initiatives focused on but not limited to: co-housing, co-working space, community commons and community space, cooperatives, food justice, urban farming and community gardens, skill shares, time banking, renewable energy & energy independence, alternative currencies, shared kitchens, economic empowerment & independence, bike kitchens, the maker movement, hackerspace, open education and mutual learning, lending libraries, car, bike, & ride shares, mesh networking, public archives and resources, volunteerism, access to further self realization and transformation, open source tech, swapping, and ?
Together we will fortify our local sharing community and demonstrate the power of the movement while raising awareness and vision for a more sustainable future.
Join the Facebook Group
PARTICIPANTS IN SOLIDARITY 2014
BACE Timebank * Transition Berkeley * East Point Peace Academy * Arizmendi Association of Cooperatives*Energy Solidarity Cooperative *East Bay Cohousing * Community Rejuvenation Project * East Bay Resilience Challenge *NorCal Community Resilience Network *Oakland Acupuncture Project * East Bay Meditation Center * Planting Justice *Dana Cafe * Bay Bucks * Soul Sanctuary *PLACE for Sustainable Living * Zach Pine * Electro-Bhakti Dance *Sustainable Economies Law Center * One Life Institute * Sudo Room *Oakland Wiki * Yoga Love West Oakland *Soja Martial Arts Studio * Wilderness Within, Aware & Alive Meditation * Transition Albany *Five Flavors | Paeonia Integrative Medicine *
- Attend the next organizing meeting for EBSF 2015 - the meetings are open to anyone interested in participating in or helping to organize the next ShareFest. Meetings are held at Omni Commons. Join the Facebook group to stay up to date re. dates and times.
- Invite others to be a part of East Bay ShareFest 2015.
- Collective Calendar submissions open early March. Watch for the submission form to have your sharing events included on the festival calendar.
- Join the Facebook Group
- add more here if necessary...
- ShareFest Toolkit
- Sharing Cities Network organized a webinar for ShareFest organizers on Mar. 6th at 11AM PST/2PM EST - watch it here.
- Oakland Wiki has done a lot of work mapping the sharing landscape in Oakland. There are many efforts that can be highlighted and groups to do outreach to on the list! The list can also be expanded and shared with people.