Durant Manor is a neighborhood of Oakland. It got its name because Durant Motors once had its automobile factory and headquarters there.
Fred T. Wood Co. began selling lots in 1927 and selling houses in 1928. 1 The original development appears to have been a smaller section of what is now considered the neighborhood. It contains numerous "5s and 6s" (5 and 6 room houses), in both Spanish style and English style. 2
Pages tagged “durant manor”
Links and References
1928 ad 2
Activity is Reported in Durant Manor Oakland Tribune January 29, 1928
ad - the Durantshire Oakland Tribune July 1, 1928