Davidson and Licht is a jewelers that started in Oakland in 1916.
A clock on Broadway was put up by them in 1930
"Wonder why they didn't move it to Walnut Creek. Commissioned by Davidson & Licht Jewelry Co in 1930, the geometric structure containing the clock originally stood in front of the family-owned jewelry store a few blocks away at 1318 Broadway. Benjamin Davidson, a diamond broker and Arthur Licht, a watchmaker’s son, custom-built it to increase attention to their high-end jewelry business. In the first half of the 20th century, standing clocks served jewelry stores as red-and-white-striped poles served barber shops: announcing the store’s presence from afar. Between 1930 and 1947, the Davidson & Licht Jewelry Co moved twice, and took the clock with them, until they landed at 1635 Broadway." (from Oakland History group on Facebook)