Damon's Landing was a boat landing constructed by Nathaniel Damon (July 27, 1829 - June 3, 1899) along what is now Damon Slough.
What is now 66th Avenue was called Damon Avenue until sometime between 1911 and 1917. 1,2
Links and References
- Nathaniel Damon on FindAGrave.com
- Passed Away Oakland Tribune June 4, 1899
- Lively Century: San Leandro Bay by Monte Monteagle, EBRPD, 1978
- East Bay Company Large Maker of Fuses Oakland Tribune April 26, 1931
- Death Suspends Work at Plant Oakland Tribune November 11, 1917