The College Avenue Free Market was a marketplace with small stalls for vendors, about where Market Hall is now in Rockridge. It was next to the Chimes Theatre, and featured a small clock tower.
The building was opened in 1918. A. J. Yerrick was the architect and construction superintendent. 2 It included 5637 and 5639 College Avenue.
Links and References
- image OHR005 Oakland History Room
- ad Oakland Tribune March 10, 1918
- College Avenue Free Market Oakland Tribune March 10, 1918