Clawson Elementary School was located at 3240 Peralta Street in Oakland, California. Built in 1915, the school closed in the 1970s because of earthquake standards, and was converted into condominiums in 1999.
Miss Julia E. Colby was the Principal of Clawson School in 1887, along with three teachers; Mrs. Sarah B. Byrod, Mrs. Mary E. Pelham, Mrs. Mary J. Ayres. Mrs. Mary A. Nicoll was the janitor of the school. At that time the address of the school was listed as on the corner of Magnolia and 32nd Streets, Oakland.