Really it ought to be known as the Juliet Fish Nichols House, or the Fish-Nichols House, as Juliet's story is much more interesting than Henry's.
On December 3, 1981 the house was designated Oakland Landmark #57, under Zoning Case #LM 81-233A.
It was designed by the Newsom Brothers, Joseph Cather Newsom and Samuel Newsom. 1 The year of its construction is unknown, Juliet is listed in the 1892-1893 directory there. Captain Nichols died in 1899, and became the lighthouse keeper on Angel Island in 1902.
2304 - 9th Avenue (c.1903 it was 1652 - 9th Avenue)
Links and References
- Oakland Designated Landmark 57 oaklandca.gov website