Caporgno & Co. Mortuary was a long-time mortuary business from at least 1906 to 1987. From 1928 to 1978 they were in the Grove Building.
It appears to have started 1906 or earlier as Thom-Wohrden & Cunha Funeral Directors at 17th and San Pablo (O.N. Thom-Wohrden and Freeman J. Cunha)
In January 1907, Thom-Wohrden retired, and he and Cunha dissolved their partnership. 1 Later that year, Virgil G. Caporgno was a partner in Cuhna & Caporgno Undertakers.
From c.1912, Cunha & Caporgno was at 952 - 8th St. at the corner of Myrtle where St. Paul Baptist later stood.
In 1928, Caporgno & Lewis Mortuary had the Grove Building constructed at 1727 Grove St. Lewis was Nestor R. Lewis; the 1928 directory lists them as "successors to Cunha & Caporgno." The 1935 directory lists Caporgno & Co. as the successors to Caporgno & Lewis.
Freeman Cunha died in 1935. Virgil Caporgno died in 1943, but the Caporgno & Co. was still in business at 1727 until 1978.
In 1878, they moved to 6690 Foothill Blvd. 2 The last ad found (with no address) in the Tribune for Caporgno & Co. is from 1987.