The Brooklyn and Fruitvale Railroad was a horse car line between the towns of Brooklyn and Fruit Vale.
The railroad was organized in 1875 by Caspar Hopkins 1 and E. C. Sessions. 2,3 It initially ran from the bottom of 14th Avenue to Fruitvale and Hopkins (now MacArthur Blvd.) Later (c.1890? 4) it was extended to run down Fruitvale Blvd. to the Southern Pacific tracks.
Not to be confused with the Oakland, Brooklyn and Fruitvale Railroad.