The Boole Shipyard (also W. A. Boole & Son Shipyard) was a shipyard in Oakland started by William A. Boole. He came to San Francisco in 1853 and did ship repair with Captain George Middlemas. Boole moved operations to Oakland in the 1880s, and built one of the first "marine railways" and dry docks on the west coast. 1
The shipyard constructed a variety of ships, including 4 four-masted barkentines the Puako, Koko Head, Lahaina and Makaweli. 1
The Boole Shipyard was sold to the Moore Dry Dock Company in 1909.
- 1. Sugar Ships on tallshipsofsanfrancisco.com
- Ships of the Redwood Coast by Jim McNairn
- Fire at Boole Shipyard Destroys a Boarding House San Francisco Call May 31, 1903
- Puako to Sail Soon San Francisco Call December 1, 1902
- 2. Barkentine Makaweli Leaves Ways Amid a Din of Whistles San Francisco Call May 11, 1902