Bishop O'Dowd High School in Oakland, California was established in September, 1951, and opened on the current campus in 1952.1 The high school was named for Bishop James T. O'Dowd who died in a traffic accident while in the planning stages for a new Catholic high school. The campus' site was formerly part of a quarry operated by Joseph Catucci and later by his widow, Bella Catucci; the remaining portion of the quarry property became the site of the Seneca Reservoir.1
Won 2014 "Readers' Choice" Best Private High School in Oakland Magazine.
9500 Stearns Avenue, Oakland, California
Links and References
- Bishop O'Dowd High School: History official website