Beer Revolution (alt. beer rev) is a nice bar in Jack London Square. They have a significant number of local beers for an extremely affordable price.
Beer Revolution was started in 2010 by Fraggle and Rebecca Boyles who were married at the time.
In early 2013, the owners of beer rev expanded next door to open The Olde Depot, a vegan sausage establishment and bar (that heavily focuses on stout!), in the Western Pacific Depot Building, but it has since closed.
Won 2014 "Readers' Choice" Best Beer Selection in Oakland Magazine.
464 3rd St.
- You can get take out from Souley Vegan and bring it to beer rev
- Many local beers
- You will feel comfortable and at home here in your usual ensemble: hoodie with the huge sewn patch on the back that's like a cat saying "occupy everywhere!", black jeans, some form of falling apart yet functional backpack or messenger bag.
- Front patio is dog friendly
- They close super early!
- Weird terrible extremely bright lighting
- Limited indoor seating
- Not enough bike parking (although this has been recently remedied through the addition of a mega bike corral in front of The Olde Depot next door.
- Front patio is smoker friendly
Links and References
- The Nightcap: Tough decisions at Beer Revolution Oakland North August 12, 2011