The Baker-Taylor Funeral Home was a long-time funeral home run by Charles and Gladys Baker. It was at 1214 - 8th St. until 1958, when it was forced to move for the Acorn Housing Project, to 980 - 8th St.
A 1921 obituary refers to it as "successors of Wells-Baker". 3 The FindAGrave entry for Charles Baker says it was founded in 1919 by Charles and Gladys.
Today 980 - 8th St. is the Baker-Prado Funeral Home.
Links and References
- MS189_0447 African American Museum and Library at Oakland
- MS189_0402 African American Museum and Library at Oakland
- obituary for James Matthews Oakland Tribune August 30, 1921
- ad Western Outlook February 12, 1927
- Baker-Prado Funeral Home website