April events... won't get fooled again!
- Sometime in April - Rebecca Kaplan named Best Politician by the Bay Area Reporter
- 1 - Oakland A's - Lose 2013 Home Opener to Seattle Mariners, 2-0 for the 9th consecutive Opening Day Loss.
- 3 - Police Shooting near Le Cheval
- 4 to 7 - The 11th Annual Oakland International Film Festival
- 5 - April Pools Day
- 5 - Uptown ArtPark Opening
- 5 - Nsubordinate Zine Release Party
- 5 & 6 - Temescal Spring Skate & Stroll - 49th Street at Telegraph in Temescal
- 5 to 7 - The 8th Annual Tulip Exhibition, at Tower Chapel in Mountain View Cemetery
- 6 - Farnoosh Fathi - Local Poet speaking at the speaking at the Temescal Public Library Branch
- 6 Dan Kalb Listening Session at St Columba Church
- 7 - Cesar Chavez Day Celebration at Dover Street Park
- 9 - Special Public Safety Committee Meeting "In the Community" held at Fremont High School
- 10 - Community Design Review of Proposed Snow Park Dog Play Area
- 10 - Jerry Brown and Jean Quan simultaneously announce that the Brooklyn Basin Waterfront Development is back on
- 11 to 14 - Strictly Sail Pacific boat show in Jack London Square.
- 12 - Oakland Nights Live: Hackerspaces!
- 14 - OaklandWiki Goes Analog! - Posting of exemplary Oakland Wiki articles around town so that more people will hear about us!
- 16 - "Jintian Liang Day"
- 16 - "Christopher Hinds Day"
- 16 - How to Start Your Business Event hosted by Libby Schaaf
- 18 - Spring Rare Sour Beer Festival at The Trappist
- 18 - Training and Education on Sexually Exploited Minors hosted by Noel Gallo
- 20 - Great Estates House Tours
- 20 - Cambodian New Year Celebration
- 20 - Oakland Earth Day - 9 a.m to 12 Noon at 80 locations throughout The City.
- 20 - 5th Annual African American Caregiving and Wellness Forum
- 20 & 21 - American Rhododendron Society Show and Plant Sale
- 22 - 28 - 2nd Annual Oakland Veg Week
- 22 - League of Women Voters hosts "Technology Comes to Oakland"
- 22 - Homeroom's 2nd Anniversary Party
- 23 - Special Public Safety Meeting featuring Franklin Zimring
- 23 - Safe Oakland Series with Justin McCrary
- 24 - Gary Yee named acting Superintendent of Schools for OUSD
- 27 - Community Spring Tea at Carmen Flores Rec Center
- 27 - Healing in Harmony at Peralta Hacienda
- 27 - Public Safety Town Hall in District 5
- 27 - Oakland A's celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the 1973 World Championship team
- 28 - Can Oakland Afford to Be Safe? event hosted by Make Oakland Better Now
- 29 - Pothole Blitz Begins. It continues until June 23, 2013. (This is an annual event)
- 29 - Josh Hamilton Appreciation Night. A's play the longest game by time in Oakland history.
- 2 - Oikos University Shooting
- 3 - City Council recognizes the historical importance of the history of West Oakland in the form of the Walk of Fame
- 25 - Martin Luther King Jr Cultural Corridor inaugurated
- 13 - Adoption of Resolution 79235 regarding Community Policing
- 20 - Granny Goose closes its oakland operations
- 24 - Retrofitting of the Webster Street Tube and the Posey Tube begins
- 2 - Stomper - Official Mascot of Oakland A's baseball team debuts in an Season Opening night game.. GO A's GO! GO A's GO!!
- Sometime in April - The Junior Center of Art and Science moves to its current location
- 19 - Last train leaves from Key Route Train Station
- 1 - Hells Angels Oakland Established
- 10 - Publication of "Oakland's Future" by the Planning Commission
- 30 - Durant Park, now the Zoo, becomes a State Park
- 7 - Prohibition ends and Harold "Slim" Jenkins opens the Slim Jenkins Club
- Sometime in April - The Athenian Club and the Nile Club merge to become the Athenian-Nile Club
- Sometime in April - First King's Daughters Home burns
- 18 - 1906 Earthquake
- 14 - Badger's Park - Amusement Park opens, reportedly to a crowd of 4,000 paying customers