Ann's Cafe was a Dimond institution located where the Peet's coffee currently stands. It was known for sassy counter service and for serving an omelet that was purported to weigh more than five pounds.
The cafe was opened in February, 1958 by Anna Cucchiara. Later it was run by Anna's daughter, Frances Bienati, until she retired in 2000. 1
Links and References
- St. Frances of the Grill SFGate.com February 17, 2000