The American Bag Co. Building was built in 1917, designed by architect Leonard H. Thomas, and was in use by the American Bag & Union Hide Company until 1988. The company also owned the Union Hide Company.
On March 30, 1999, the American Bag Company Building was designated as an Oakland Landmark under Zoning Case #LM 99-002, and is also on the National Register of Historic Places.
299 - 3rd Street, Oakland, California, also known as 228 Harrison Street
Links and References
- American Bag Co. Building Wikimedia Commons
- c.1917 photograph California State Historic Preservation Office
- American Bag Co.--Union Hide Co. - Oakland, CA Waymarking
- American Bag - Union Hide National Register form.pdf
- Warehouses become homes and storehouses of the past by Annalee Allen Oakland Tribune May 30, 1999
- Old American Bag Building is rich in history by Annalee Allen Oakland Tribune March 30, 1997