2016 is an election year! This page is intended to be a gateway to pages on all the various races in and around Oakland in 2016, and for general information about the election and voting.
Local and state-level races covering any or all of Oakland in 2016:
- Five Oakland city council seats - four seats in districts 1, 3, 5, & 7, and one at-large seat
- BART Board of Director for District 3 (northeast Oakland) - incumbent Rebecca Saltzman has announced she is running for this seat again
- BART Board of Directors for District 7 (northwest and west Oakland) - incumbent Zakhary Mallett is presumably running for this seat again
- Alameda County Supervisor for District 4 (east Oakland, and all of Castro Valley and Pleasanton) - incumbent Nate Miley is presumably running again, Bryan Parker will challenge Miley
- Alameda County Supervisor for District 5 (north Oakland, and all of Emeryville, Berkeley, and Albany) - incumbent Keith Carson is presumably running again, unlikely to get an opponent
- California State Assembly District 15 (north Oakland) - incumbent Tony Thurmond has filed for re-election, unlikely to get an opponent
- California State Assembly District 18 (central and east Oakland) - incumbent Rob Bonta has filed for re-election, unlikely to get an opponent
- California State Senate District 9 - incumbent Loni Hancock (D) is term-limited from running again. The main candidates are Nancy Skinner (D), Sandre Swanson (D), Kathleen Welch (D), and Richard Kinney (R)..
Related external pages:
City of Oakland's Public Portal for Campaign Finance Disclosure - lists all city races, candidates, measures, and campaign finance disclosures
Alameda County's Public Portal for Campaign Finance Disclosure - lists all county races, candidates, measures, and campaign finance disclosures
Elected Officials from Alameda County Registrar of Voters - List of all elected officials for residents of Alameda County: city, county, school district, special district, state, and federal offices, with their elected terms and individual websites