For 2016, Oakland City Council Districts 1, 3, 5, 7, and At-large are up for election.
City Council District locator: http://mapgis.oaklandnet.com/councildistricts/
All City Council candidate campaign filing forms can be found at the Oakland City Clerk's Public Portal for Campaign Finance Disclosure: http://ssl.netfile.com/pub2/Default.aspx?aid=COAK.
Fair Political Practice Committee forms:
|FPPC 410||Committee statement of organization|
|FPPC 460||Recipient committee campaign statement (contributions & expenditures)|
|FPPC 501||Candidate intention statement|
|FPPC 700||Statement of Economic Interests|
|OCRA 301||Oakland Expenditure Ceiling Acceptance Form|
- District 1: Dan Kalb
- District 3: Lynette Gibson McElhaney
- District 5: Noel Gallo
- District 7: Larry Reid
- District At-Large: Rebecca Kaplan
- Dan Kalb is presumed to be running for re-election. Filed form 301 March 18, 2016.
- Kevin Corbett is running against him: http://www.corbett4oakland.com/. Filed forms June 1, 2016
- Lynette Gibson McElhaney has filed some re-election papers. As of 11/23/2015, the committee "Re-Elect McElhaney for City Council 2016" has filed a FPPC 410-Committee Statement of Organization, and a FPPC 460-Recipient Committee Campaign Statement (financial disclosure).
- Noni Session. Filed Form 301 July 19,2016. Her website is www.NoniForDistrict3.com CrowdPac Campaign -> https://www.crowdpac.com/campaigns/68285/support-noni-session-for-oakland-city-council-distict-3
- Anthony McNeal. Filed Form 501 on July 21, 2016.
- Saied R, Karamooz. Ran Mayor in 2014.
- Alan Brown. Filed Form 301 on July 22, 2016
- Robyn Hodges.
- Tyrone Jordan. Filed Form 410 in October 7, 2015. Filed Form 501 in December 3, 2015.
- Noel Gallo. Filed 301 on July 18, 2016
- Viola Gonzalez, Filed 501 and 301 on July 12 and July 18, 2016 respectively.
- Treva Reid, daughter of the incumbent Larry Reid, has filed all the required election papers: FPPC410, FPPC501, FPPC460, FPPC460, FPPC410, FPPC410 Amendment, FPPC460
- Marcie Hodge - Filed Form 501 on July 20, 2016.
- Nehanda, Imara - Filed Form 501 and 301 on July 6 and July 19, 2016, respectively. Her website is
- Larry Reid
- Olivia De Jimenez - Filed Form 501 on July 11, 2016.
- Maxine Oliver-Benson. Filed Form 501 on October 9, 2015
- Rebecca Kaplan. Filed Form 301 November 19, 2015. Has held several fundraisers. Her campaign website -> http://kaplanforoakland.org/
- Widespread rumors that former mayor Jean Quan will challenge Kaplan for this seat for 2016. Local blogger Zennie Abraham stated she will run in one of his videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svwT6iwqLCk.
- Patricia Ellis. Filed Form 501 on July 21, 2016.
- Bruce Quan. Filed form 501 on July 12, 2016. Filed Forms 410 and 301 on July 13, 2016.
- Nancy Sidebotham. Filed Form 410, June 24, 2016.
- Francis "Matt" Hummel http://www.mattatlarge.com/
- Barbara Parker. Filed Form 301 January 27, 2016. Her campaign website -> http://www.cityattorneyparker.com/